Tuesday 6 July 2010

Update.

Well, at least the weather has been good, and I've passed the first year of my University studies (phew!) - it was a close call on at least one unit anyway.

So, what's been going on? Well, I've been looking a little more into the wonderful world of assembly code on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum. Making things happen inside a television screen has never been so much fun - or so quirky. Interesting the way the screen is built up anyway. On the gaming front, I had the sad news of the passing of a true legend from the 'bedroom coding' generation, Jonathan 'Joffa' Smith who was just 43. I wrote a tribute to the modest and extremely talented guy for Micro Mart, coming up in the next couple of weeks. Since, I've been trying out some of his games again, especially those that I missed. I'd recommend to you all a Sinclair User cover tape game Hyper Active, which is a neat defender clone with great graphics and scrolly-type things.

Aside from games, things are slowly moving along and hopefully getting a little easier on a personal level. I *think* I can continue my studies into next year on a full-time basis. I had considered taking a year out or part-time studying - fingers crossed that this won't have to happen.

This weekend, I'll be going to Northampton to catch up with an old mate of mine who's a big TI99/4a. So, it should be a good weekend all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment